Preservation and Design
A historic district in Fort Worth is typically a defined area or neighborhood with a common theme based on architectural style, historical development patterns, cultural identity, or social and economic historical patterns.
The basic idea behind the creation of a historic district is to preserve the character and identity of an area for the future.
Preservation in Action
The Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission (HCLC) reviews projects that affect properties with historic designation, or fall within the boundaries of a historic district.
- Liz Casso: 817-392-8037
- Sevanne Steiner: 817-392-8012
- Estella Alvarez: 817-392-5985
Area Master Plans
- Demolition Delay Details
- Criteria for Historic Designation
- Historic Site Tax Exemption
- 'Design for Density' Conference Information